Are You Behind on Your Home Mortgage Payments?
If you’re struggling to make your home mortgage payments, you’re not alone. Millions of Americans are dealing with the same issue. If you are like most homeowners, you want to avoid the negative impact that foreclosure has on your credit.
A Short Sale is a Smart Alternative to Foreclosure
If you are underwater on your home mortgage – you owe more on your mortgage than your home is worth – and need to sell your house, you may qualify for a short sale. In a short sale, the lender agrees to accept the proceeds of your home sale as payment of your home mortgage debt rather than taking the property back by foreclosure.
The Benefits of Working with an Experienced Short Sale Agent
If you are considering a short sale, the first step is to find an experienced short sale agent who can explain all your options, help you find the right solution for your situation, and then guide you step-by-step through the process.
An experienced short sale agent will:
- Let you know what all your options are, including a short sale
- Provide you access to experts who can counsel you on legal and tax implications
- Determine whether you qualify for a short sale
- Work with your lender to get your short sale approved
- Negotiate the best possible deal for you
How to Find an Experienced Short Sale Agent
Most people know at least a few real estate agents. However, short sales are very different from traditional real estate transactions. It’s critical to have an agent with extensive experience in short sales working on your behalf so you get the best possible outcome.
Many people start by searching online for agents who specialize in short sales. That may be how you found this website. But, be aware that many agents who claim to be short sale experts in fact have very limited short sale experience.
So, how do you find the best short sale agent?
- Interview the agents you are considering, and ask specific question to see if they are qualified to handle your short sale.
- Have the agent provide you with references. A successful short sale agent should be happy to put you in touch with clients they have worked with in the past.
- Check their Zillow reviews. Zillow is a real estate site that allows consumers to post reviews about their experience with an agent. Type in the agent’s name and state to see how other homeowners evaluate their service.
You can also fill out the form above for a free, no-obligation consultation. It’s an easy way to get information about your options.
About Washington Property Solutions – Experienced Short Sale Agents
Washington Property Solutions has helped over 1,200 Washington homeowners successfully avoid foreclosure and get a fresh start, with no out-of-pocket cost to you. You can trust us to take care of all the details.
Since every homeowner’s situation is different, we always recommend that you speak with a professional who can advise you on the legal and tax implications for your circumstances.
Washington Property Solutions offers FREE real estate attorney consultations as part of our service.
Call us at 425-381-2233 to schedule a free confidential consultation.